Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vsiting Teaching Inspirational Message From Patrice Lorca...Thursday, 2 October 2008, 4:22pm

Dear Sisters,


I hope all is well with you and your families, and if not, I pray that it soon will be. I would like to share with you the thoughts expressed by President Eyring in the September Visiting Teaching Message:



President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency: "The purpose of God's creations and of His giving us life is to allow us to have the learning experience necessary for us to come back to Him, to live with Him in eternal life. That is only possible if we have our natures changed through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, true repentance, and making and keeping the covenants He offers all of His Father's children through His Church" ("Education for Real Life," Ensign, Oct. 2002, 16).



I particularly like the phrase highlighted. I often wondered how it was possible to change our natures and I feel I have discovered the answer. It is through service to others that our capacity to grow is evidenced. Whether it is within our immediate families or people that we barely know, the ability to "bear one another's burdens" , changes us for the better. In turn, we move closer to achieving the goal set forth by our Heavenly Father to return to live with Him someday.



Sisters, I love each of you and it is my prayer that each of you is able to enjoy the blessings of visiting teaching. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.