Sunday, March 15, 2009

Visiting Teaching Message From Nicole Brearton...Monday, 9 March 2009, 6:50pm

Hello Sisters,


I hope everyone is having a good month so far. I found an article in the Ensign that I wanted to share about visiting teaching.


Sister Julie B. Beck, Relief Society General President shared her testimony of visiting teaching in an interview in the March 2009 Ensign, She said:

"Visiting teachers minister in behalf of the Savior. Our hands are His hands, our love is His love, and our service is His service. Good visiting teachers know the sisters they visit. They love them, serve them, and help them learn the gospel by the Spirit. They focus on fortifying homes and lives. There is no greater privilege than to watch over and strengthen another person—it is truly the business of salvation."


We all have a responsibility to share our love of the gospel and the Spirit with the sisters we visit. We often wonder how we can fit visiting teaching into our busy lives, Sister Beck explains how we can do this. She said "the wonderful women of this Church are capable of doing this and more—we just can’t do it all at once. That is why it is so important to prioritize and use our resources and time where they will do the most good—assisting in the Lord’s work."


We should pray for the sisters we visit and pray that we will know how we can make a difference in their lives. When we are doing the Lord's work He will guide us and be a support to us. I hope that we can all reach out to those that we visit and show our love to them. These things I say in the name of Jesus Christ Amen..


With Love,
Sister Nicole Brearton