There is a bush a couple of streets from where I live. It wouldnormally have beautiful, lush white blossoms during the warmer months.There is something I really admire about this tree. It is the factthat it is determined to bloom during the winter even if the buds getfrozen brown. It really boomed in December, now it is slowing down butnever giving up. The leaves are not as brilliantly green as before yeteven at subzero (or feeling like) temperatures it is determined tospread joy and beauty.
I feel like the sisters of Relief Society do this very thing. Even iftimes are difficult or we are in the "winter of life" we still reachout to those around us to spread happiness and love. Our blossomsthough sometimes may turn an antiquated brown still bring joy to thebeholders. Our acts of service burst through. Yes, there are timeswhen we'd like to burst out and spread more cheer, but we strive to doall we can.
I know the Lord knows each of us and loves us dearly. When we serveone another we are serving him--even if it is just a patient smile toa somewhat mischievous child or a smile-nod to a neighbor. "Everythingdenotes there is a God." I love Him. I pray that we may reach out tothose whom we visit teach and share just a bit of His love for themwith them. We will feel an outpouring of love for each of our sistersas we pray for them and seek to be the arms of love reaching out forthem (like a hug from our Savior). Our lives will be brighter and ourhearts will be feel the extraordinary love of our Heavenly Father forus as well.
Love to you all,
Melanie Van De Graaf
