Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"VIsiting Teaching Experience"...A late journal entry...26 April 2008

Last February 4, 2008-Rebecca Lo, one of the Visiting Teaching Leaders sent an inspirational message to which I have responded with sincere desire and intention to obey God, believing that Sister Lo was only used as an instrument so that God's messages for the women of the church,particularly the Visiting Teachers, could be heard and be sent.

Sister Lo shared a beautiful line from the poem "THE ROAD LESS TAKEN" by Robert Frost and it says:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I...
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference..."


Sister Lo shared that she wants to interpret it differently and relate it to Relief Society Service or Visiting Teaching: "to remember the sisters that do not get visited as much or kept in touch with."

It was one of those touching moments feeling the warmth of the Spirit telling to act upon the message. I spoke to my Visiting Teaching companion that we must pray about and give priority visit to 2 of our assigned sisters whom we have not visited in their house yet. I counseled with the Lord for help and inspiration. We were able to set an appointment with the 2 sisters with the help of the Sister Missionaries. We visited the sisters and have witnessed the joy the Lord's message have brought into their homes that day.

Happiness filled my heart that I responded to Sister Lo's inspirational message: "to take the road less traveled.." and it has truly made a difference. As we diligently and faithfully obey, the Lord will show us the way and will help us accomplish the things that He wants us to do.