Thursday, March 19, 2009

Journal Entry....

It was one of those days that I was not working and would want to do something else but household chores. So I decided i would pay a dear friend, who gave birth recently, a visit.

I wanted to have a good conversation with her so we can both unwind and perhaps bake cupcakes. I gather up all the materials i need for a delicious cupcake. After preparing myself to go, I thought of a sister in our ward who lives just few houses away from me-if i can get her to join me then it will somehow relieve her of the stress that may be bothering her lately since her husband lost his job. I called her and told about my plan and invited her to join me. She's quite not ready and decided she wouldn't come.

I was almost leaving my house when again I thought of my sister/neighbor. "Geez, I was so tactless and thoughtless.",I told myself. Why would I choose to drive some miles away if I can just walk few yards to my neighbor's house, and be with her in this stressful time of her life. So I went and rang the doorbell, no one was coming! I saw that the curtain was drawn and inside was her son playing. I knocked on the window and waved to the boy to which he responded, running inside to get his mommy to open the door. She was surprised to see me. She was in the bathroom, took a bath after our phone conversation and had hoped that I would come to her house too. That was the time that I thought of her and realized that i should visit her instead.
We talked, we laughed, we baked cupcakes, ate lunch together and felt the Spirit of Sisterhood that day. I went home feeling tired but happy that I listened to the still, small voice.